Saturday, March 19, 2011

Newness & the time is NOW.

Today is the Spring Equinox. A new season, we've made it. It's Spring, the time of rebirth and nature's wisdom pours from the clouds today, cooling quenching and calming with her steady flow of rain. Things certainly have felt strange these past few months. Things feel like they're changing at warp speed. Intensity abounds. All we can do is ride the waves; to struggle against them would be futile. A dear friend of mine passed away of an unexplained heart condition a week ago. He was 41. We are bombing Libya. Japan stands in tatters from an earthquake a tsunami and a nuclear disaster. Our very foundation is being tested. We are in the middle of so much change: a sea change, a paradigm shift leading us to a new dawn. Things are almost unrecognizable or unfathomable. In my own life I see it in many different areas. Yesterday I became a member of Rawsome, the FBI raided raw food co-op in Venice, so I could buy goat's milk, the first dairy product I've bought in over 20 years. I bought Bison (which I've never eaten) and raw uncleaned jumbo shrimp (I'd normally buy them frozen, cleaned & precooked). This week I had my first colonic ever, something I've intended to do for years. The woman is not only a colon hydro-therapist, but a sort of psychic healer. She suggests things; I'm taking her suggestions. There's a lot of them.

Yesterday was a "super moon", the closest the earth has been to the sun in 18 years. 18 years ago, I was in my senior year of college, preparing to go out into the "real" world soon, the start of my "adult" life. I feel like I'm on a similar precipice now. About to leave all I know for a new chapter, except I don't really have to "do" anything. I've done the work. I am doing more. I am willing and I am naturally moving forward.

Yesterday I started the day at an informal workshop with a new group of fellow actors that is quickly becoming a trusted circle. We are learning a new language: Promo. Well, in a sense, the new language is "language", really; it's words and how we use them. We are learning to love and elongate our vowels. To invest ourselves emotionally. To be playful and relaxed and energetic and sparkly- from a place of truth, because we believe what we're saying. We're learning how to stand up and simply BE. This is all being taught by an incredibly talented and giving powerhouse woman named Cedering Fox who is becoming a mentor. I've never really had a female role model like this before. I was referred to her 3 years ago by a guy I met while I was bartending. And now, she's helping to transform my life. Timing is everything. I wasn't ready before. I am now. It is exciting.

After the workshop I went to a yoga class, the first yoga class I've been to in years. It was free, a celebration of a brand new yoga center that just opened down the street from my house. I have been wanting to return to yoga for years. Now, there's a center right down the street, quietly calling, "It's time".  After the class, a woman whom I've been following for quite some time gave a free "sound bath", another first, something I've been wanting to experience for months. She had singing bowls and three huge gongs, one tuned to Earth, one to Mercury and one to Jupiter. I still don't really know what that means, but it was exciting. Intense too.

Lots of NEW in the air as Spring 2011 is born. This week I was encouraged to walk differently, stand differently, talk differently and breathe differently. I keep getting the same message from different places, and it's resonating.

Stop holding. Relax and own your power. Come back to the simplicity that you know and remember. You don't have to push, it's all right there. Pay attention to where your breath comes from. Open up. Let it go. Trust you have everything you need.

I am ready to change, to have a shift in vibration, to welcome that with open arms. I feel I am finally taking that last foot out of my old life and placing both feet in the new. It's been a long time coming.

I've been feeling a strong desire to bathe in mineral salt baths, to release anything old that doesn't serve me anymore. I've always wanted to go to one of the Korean Spas in town. I'm thinking now is the perfect time...

to be continued.

1 comment:

  1. The teacher appears when the student is ready. And you are ready!

    ReplyDelete